The GQMC shall have the following specific powers and functions:
- (a) Serve as the steering and policy-making body for the GQMP;
- (b) Approve the standards, guidelines and institutional mechanisms to implement the program;
- (c) Coordinate with Leagues and LGUs in the formulation of standards and mechanisms to be adopted by the latter to ensure GQMS certification at the local level;
- (d) Coordinate with specific departments and agencies to attend to, or address constraints in the implementation of relevant Program activities;
- (e) Formulate necessary mechanisms to sustain the implementation of ISO-QMS among public sector organizations, including measures to fund the effort, as well as recognition/incentive schemes for Program participants;
- (f) Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the GQMP and, when necessary, effect appropriate adjustments thereon in the light of changing conditions in both the domestic and international environments; and
- (g) Submit progress reports to the President.